Working With Clients
The 10 things we consider before we agree to undertake a project for a client!
At HDC we get offered a great deal of work, however we don't automatically accept every project we are offered! Below is the list of things we look for in a good project and a good client!
- Is the perspective client clear about what they want to achieve from the project?
- Does the prospective client have a real world idea as to what things cost and how long projects actually take?
- Does the prospective client have someone in charge of the project in order to ensure that there are no communication gaps?
- What will the perspective client supply or resource as part of the project (research data, visitor use data, maps or in house experts, etc?)
- Does the prospective client have a project time line or task list already in mind? When will the project have to be completed and is that a reasonable time to do it?
- Who will be the person(s) reviewing and approving draft materials and how active will they be in the project from start to finish?
- Does the prospective client actually have funding “in hand”, and what will their payment schedule be in paying invoices?
- How receptive do we think the prospective client will be to new or creative ideas as opposed to thinking about the ways things have “always been done”?
- Do we think that the project will be fun or interesting to do or do we see potential “problems” ahead with it? Any problem politics involved?
- Do we feel that we and the perspective client will make a good team and be able to successfully work together?
Visit our projects list!
what is heritage interpretation?
- Find out about HDC heritage interpretation services
why do you need heritage interpretation?
what are the benefits of heritage interpretation?
what are interpretive planning themes & objectives?
who was Freeman Tilden?
heritage interpretation planning
heritage interpretation design
heritage interpretation panel & exhibit fabrication
heritage interpretation training
developing tourist trails
request for proposal guidance notes
exhibit request for proposal template
interpretive planning request for proposal template
panel request for proposal template
Find out about HDC tourism development
tourism strategy & policy
developing tourism partnerships
watchable wildlife tourism
Find out about HDC tourism marketing
travel trade marketing
public relations and awareness
tourism brochure design
Contact us to see how we can help you!
Heritage Destination Consulting Ltd.
heritage interpretation & tourism consultants