Our heavy duty traditional wooden upright frames for displaying interpretive panels, boards and signs.
Unlike many wooden upright frames available these are very, very robust and built to last. Our oak lecterns are hand built to order in our workshops from recycled oak, FSC seasoned oak, FSC green oak, Douglas fir, iroko, pressure treated pine in a choice of finishes or from recycled plastic posts. Metal fittings are powder coated and/or galvanized mild steel or stainless steel. We also offer the options of in-ground leg anchors, on-ground leg shoes or leg socket.
- Interpretive panel angled at 30º (good for windy locations)
- Interpretive panel angled at 45º (standard angle)
- Interpretive panel angled at 60º (good for locations with limited space)
- Recycled Seasoned Oak - reclaimed oak is more expensive option, however is the most environmentally friendly. Very stable. Rich honey-brown grain turns silver-grey over time.
- FSC Seasoned Oak - sustainably sourced, seasoned for 3 to 6 years. More expensive than green oak. Quite stable although can warp after installation. Rich light honey-brown grain turns silver-grey over time.
- FSC Green Oak - sustainably sourced, freshly cut. Lowest cost oak timber. Unstable so warping and distortion likely as it dried out. Light yellow-brown grain turns silver-grey over time.
- FSC Seasoned Iroko - sustainably sourced, seasoned for 3 to 6 years. More expensive than oak but has a longer lifespan. Very stable. Light yellow-brown grain turns silver-grey over time.
- FSC Seasoned Douglas Fir - sustainably sourced, seasoned for 3 to 6 years. Less expensive than oak but has a shorter lifespan. Quite stable although can warp after installation. Light honey-brown grain turns silver-grey over time.
- FSC Seasoned Pressure Treated Pine - sustainably sourced, kiln dried and vacuum pressure treated with chemical preservatives to increase lifespan. Stable so less likely to warp or distort over time, although shorter lifespan than other wood species. Yellow-brown grain turns silver-grey over time.
- Recycled Plastic Posts - For the ultimate environmentally friendly interpretation frame. Available in black or chocolate brown.
Our standard wooden frames are untreated, however we can finish timber in a coloured wash that lets the grain show through, painted in a solid colour, varnished in a gloss, satin or mat finish lacquer, or oiled using Danish oil.
- Mild Steel - Powder coat over zinc acid etch primer. Wide choice of colours available
- Mild Steel - Hot dipped galvanized
- Mild Steel - Hot dipped galvanized and powder coated in a choice of colours
- Stainless Steel - Natural finish
- Stainless Steel - Grit blasted natural finish
- In-ground mounting (usually set into 600mm deep hole concreted in)
- On-ground mounting plates (for mounting on to decking, concrete slabs, etc.)
Contact us for prices and to discuss your requirements...
- Leg sockets (so that frames can be easily removed for mowing, etc)